Friday, January 29, 2010

Why the *!%*!" do I live in MN-Saunders 5K

We now have 4 people signed up to do this thing: moi, Pete, Ruth, and Helen in CA, who, by virtue of her sheer long distance awesomeness, gets the added bonus of being an Honorary Minnesotan for the weekend. And we've got one firm Maybe. (Michelle? Are you in?)

For all you out there on the fence about this, well, it's not too late to join us! You've got until 5 p.m. your local time Sunday, January 31st to donate to the cause of your choice and complete this 5K. The rules, such as they are, are here.

I'm aiming to do mine tomorrow at 9 a.m...or maybe 9 a.m. Sunday, because I am actually signed up to give blood at 11:45 tomorrow morning. (This was a large part of why those two "real" 5Ks tomorrow morning weren't convenient options for me; I didn't know if I could drive an hour, run, drive back home, clean up, and make it to the bloodmobile in time.) I think if I eat something before I run and eat something after, I'll be fine. Pete, however, showed his disapproval of this plan by making a frowny face -- no! not the frowny face! -- and making pointed remarks about people passing out after donating blood. I still think I'll be fine, but drat it anyway, now I have Doubt.

I shall sleep on this and decide in the morning.

No comments: