Wednesday, January 27, 2010

End of the streak?

Since November 2008, I've done one road race or the like per month:

Nov. 08 - Giving Thanks 5K, St. Paul
Dec. 08 - Reindeer Run 5K, Mpls
Jan. 09 - Polar Dash 5K, Mpls
Feb. 09 - Hearts-R-Running 5K, St. Paul
March 09 - Leprechaun Leap 5K, Chicago IL
April 09 - Earth Day Half Marathon, St. Cloud
May 09 - Stillwater Half Marathon, Stillwater
June 09 - Heartbeat 5000 5K, Mpls
July 09 - Graniteman Triathlon, St. Cloud
Aug. 09 - St. Paul Triathlon, St. Paul
Sept. 09 - Plymouth Firefighters 5K, Plymouth
Oct. 09 - Twin Cities Marathon (DNF; pulled myself off the course at mile 13), Mpls
Oct. 09 - Halloween Monster Dash 5K, Mpls
Nov. 09 - Turkey Trot 5K, Chaska
Dec. 09 - Snowflake Shuffle 5K - St. Joseph

Now it's the end of January 2010, and I find myself in the peculiar situation of perhaps not getting in a race this month. I had intended to do this year's January 1st Polar Dash but was sick -- and sick enough that I missed not only that one, but then a full two weekends of road races after. (Not that there was much to choose from. It's slim pickings in January in the north.) I was out of town last weekend. This leaves me with two last options for January 2010: a 5K in Waconia or a 5K in Center City, both on Saturday.

Neither one is close or convenient. I haven't let that stop me before, but this time I'm not feeling the magic. It's January. It's cold. I don' wanna.

I may just go give blood instead. But we'll see.

No comments: