Thursday, January 07, 2010

Oh, this poor neglected blog

I could make a New Year's resolution to get over here a little more regularly in 2010...but I don't do New Year's resolutions. Plus, odds are that no matter what my intentions are, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing: posting whenever the hell I feel like it. Or when I'm sick, housebound and bored, which happens to be my situation at the moment. I haven't left the house since last Friday, I'm swigging codeine like the Feds are about to ban it, and I stink of menthol rub. Good times, man. Good times.

Fortunately, we have bird feeders. Even more fortunately, I have a camera and a big bad lens that allows me to hang out on the sofa and shoot through the windows. So, I've been having what passes for fun documenting the ongoing saga of one slightly deranged red-bellied woodpecker muscling her way onto the feeders:




It's mine, you understand? Mine, mine! All mine! Go, go, go! Mine, do you hear me? Out, out, out! Mine, mine, mine! Go away! There's only enough for me!




It's mine, ya understand? Mine, MINE, all MINE!






Go go go! Mine mine mine! YAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!





I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm independent! I'm socially secure! I'm rich! I'm a happy miser!

***

I know Pete, Eric, and our girls will know what these quotes are from. Anyone else?

4 comments:

Frostbike said...

Open Saskatchewan! Open septuagenarian! Open saddle soap!

Yon Saucy Wench said...

This is why I love you. =)

CIS said...

liked the bird photos. am new to your blog. would like your thoughts on my fiction over on noahmatthews. i think i like some of my older stuff better. from your background, you seem a good person from whom to solicit input (did i just make my grammar instructor a proud woman?). bottom line, i need to know if my stuff is crap. so, a crap, or no crap vote would be helpful (well, actually, a little more input than that). thanks!

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Hi CIS. Thanks for stopping by. I don't review unpublished fiction. I suggest you find or form a writing group to help you in your endeavors. Best to you. -- The Wench