Saturday, January 30, 2010

A marvelous night for a moondance

The moon last night was spectacular. So spectacular that I went outside with the camera and tripod and froze my arse, nose, and fingers to try to get some pictures.



It was worth it.



This one, I'm including simply because Morgan loves it and says the world needs to see it. She can't tell me exactly why she loves it -- "It's like a Monet painting, sort of," is the best she can come up with -- but she wants me to blow it up, frame it, and give it to her to hang in her room.



Will do, darling. Will do.


Edited to add a bit o' information about exactly why last night's moon was so stunning. From National Geographic: The 2010 wolf moon will appear 30 percent brighter and 14 percent larger than any other full moon this year, because our cosmic neighbor will actually be closer to Earth than usual.

No comments: