Sunday, January 31, 2010

I think this is incredible

Thus far, I know of 12 adults* (and 1 dog) who did this crazy Why the *!%*!" do I live in MN-Saunders 5K, and 2 kids (and 1 dog) who did the last minute Kiddy Half Mile.

Participants included 11 Minnesotans, 2 Californians, and 1 Canadian from Vancouver, BC, site of the 2010 Winter Olympics! As a special reward, all outstate participants may now claim 'Honorary Minnesotan' status.

Take a look at the organizations that benefited from this:

American Red Cross

American Red Cross - Haiti Relief & Development

Canada for Haiti

Dakota Woodlands

ELCA Haiti Disaster Relief Fund

League of American Bicyclists

Mercy Corps

MN Valley Humane Society

Vitamin Angels Alliance

White Bear Lake Food Shelf

Woodland Hills Church

Considering this all came together in 3 days, I think this is truly phenomenal.

Wow, you guys. Just, wow.


*Ruth, I'm counting your mom in that number. :)



Edited to add Woodland Hills Church to the list.

Edited again to add Mercy Corps to the list.

Edited to add another adult to our number.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom said, "I did 3.1 miles on a bike at the gym, can I be a part of the 5k too?"
Yes, I'm sure Nancy would allow it,
(since there was no car or snow mobile involved).
She was so excited!

By the way, I donated some $ at church, Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul.

Way to go everyone, this was so fun!!

Ruth

Yon Saucy Wench said...

I think it's fantastic that your mom wanted to be a part of this. :)

I'm hearing a fair amount of "I'd have done this if I'd known in time..." I think there's going to have to be another crazy MN 5K!

the_sybil said...

For the record: I donated to Mercy Corps

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Added! =)