Friday, March 17, 2006

The scarf

There is a gorgeous, glorious sunrise happening right now...and I'm at work, and the camera's at home. Pout. This happens to me regularly--I can't tell you how many times I've had to be a passive onlooker to wonderful, beautiful sunrises that make me catch my breath and want to reach for the camera. I suppose that's rather silly. After all, I've been being a professional early bird since I went back to work in 2003; you'd think that by now I'd be resigned to constantly missing out on these great photo ops.

But I'm not.

Pout. Pout.

# # #

It's barely 7:00 and today's already been a strange day. I've been up since 3:50 am to play taxi service for my brother and his wife, who are getting the heck out of this snowy Dodge via an early morning flight to Jamaica. (Jealous! So jealous!!) But they goofed and set their alarm for 3:30 pm, not am. And didn't wake up until 4:30. So they weren't over to my house until 5:33. Eeek! But I had them to the airport by 5:39 (if any law enforcement types read this blog, I really wasn't speeding very much at all, really), and they made their flight--or I think they made their flight. At least, I haven't heard that they haven't made their flight...

But so much for coming in to work early. Most mornings, I'm here by 6:00 or 6:30. Today, I figured I'd drop Matt and Jenn off at the airport and then come straight to work, get in an extra hour or so as a sort of catch-up for the work mess that's resulted from this week's sick kid saga. But no. I walked into the lobby at 5:57 am. Three minutes early, after being up for two hours. Whooo! ;-p

Anyway.

I did get outside yesterday, gloomy grey skies and all, because what's brighter than a kid's smile? Nothing.

Except maybe that kid's scarf.

Scarf

Snowy tassles
March 2006, our front yard, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT

Edit: I almost forgot!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!
March 2006, our front window, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT

3 comments:

Frostbike said...

I forgot to wear green. :-(

Yon Saucy Wench said...

But I saw that the girls are in their shamrock sweaters! :D

Jean said...

For Not to regret the absence of camera, I always have in my bag which does not leave me small compact, very light a Ixus Canon.
Pour ne pas regretter l'absence d'appareil ,
j'ai toujours dans mon sac qui ne me quitte pas un petit compact , un Canon Ixus très leger .