Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mud puddles and berries

Monday when the girls got home from school they promptly jumped into the mud puddles that have taken over our yard.

(Tuesday it was raining. I don't have anything against kids playing in the rain, but it was a cold, wet, miserable rain, and they seemed quite content to come straight to the house from the bus with no stops along the way.)

Today when they got home from school they climbed trees, and then jumped into the mud puddles that are now threatening to become small ponds within our yard.

I think this means it's spring.

Which means this picture is not really appropriate to the season of the moment (plus, I think I may have already posted this one--however, I'm lacking the motivation to dig back through ze archives to find out for sure), but there's really not much of anything to shoot outside right now. Except mud. Or muddy kids. Dang, that would have been a cute picture. Huh. I don't know why I didn't grab the camera, other than being a little busy getting the muddy things stripped off and into the washing machine and the muddy kids into the tub.

Ah well. I hear Vegas is taking odds on the chances that there will be other muddy-kids-shot opportunities between now and oh, say, the end of this week...

Winter Berries
winter red
January 2006, Ft. Snelling State Park, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT

1 comment:

Jean said...

Winter berries
Quelle belle image !
J'adore les formes suspendues , et ce magnifique contraste du blanc et du rouge !