Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Aftermath

You may have heard about yesterday's storm. Closed down a whole bunch of things, made a mess of the roads, created all sorts of unpleasantness in general for those of us in and around the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Well, today* I happen to be home with one sick kid and one sort of sick kid**, and I also happen to think that there are few things in this world quite like the morning after a winter storm, especially if that morning after happens to dawn with bright blue cloudless skies. The combination of sky and sun and new snow is crisp and clean and glorious--and pictures do not ever do it justice, but while one child was asleep this morning and the other was watching the idiot box, I just had to sneak outside for a half hour with the camera...

As always, click on the pic to see the larger size.

IMG_3886

IMG_3869

IMG_3859

IMG_3855

IMG_3890

IMG_3975





*My husband stayed home with the kids yesterday; today it's my turn.

**Poor things were sick yesterday, too. Their one snow day of the year and they couldn't even go outside and enjoy it.

4 comments:

Frostbike said...

I like them all, but the first one is my favorite!

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Mine too. :)

Jean said...

Cesimages de neige sont merveilleuses !
Quelle belle lumière !

Unknown said...

Your winter images are SO beautiful, Nancy! We have had a very un-snowy winter here, so I can appreciate these gorgeous shots. I hope your kids feel all better soon!