Wednesday, May 07, 2008

no more braids or pony tails

The last few weeks, the girls have been agitating for short hair. (Morgan's hair is about half-way down her back; Emma's is an inch or two shorter.) I told them to think about it, really think about it. Because the thing is with a short haircut, if you don't like it, you're really stuck for a bit and it will take a long while to grow back out. (Yes, that'd be the Voice of Experience talking.)

Also, for the last two years Morgan has deliberately been growing her hair "down to my butt," as she puts it. "After all this effort, are you sure you want to cut it off? I mean, really, really sure?" I asked. (After all, this is the child who cut her own hair when she was 3 and went into hysterics when she realized she couldn't put it back on. I'm just saying.)

She glared at me. "YES. I want hair like Auntie Val's*!"

They are both undeterred by my warnings and very determined. So after school today, they have appointments to go under the scissors. I suspect that this will either end in tears or delight, no middle ground. And of course, I shall take pictures and post them later...


*Adorably short, spike-y pixie cut. Also blond, but I put my foot down when Morgan asked for that.

No comments: