Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blah

The congestion is still lingering -- apparently, I'm going to be stuck with the Crud indefinitely -- but I am now so sick of being sick that I don't care. Babying myself through this thing worked (I didn't come down with bronchitis or pneumonia, after all), but only to a point. And then there's this marathon looming off in the distance. I'm losing time here. Granted, time is still on my side, but the longer this goes, the harder it's going to be in the long run. (Long run. Get it? Har har har.)

So, no more excuses. Or to quote that stupid shoe manufacturer: just do it.

Tuesday evening I really didn't want to do anything except sit around and do nothing. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, work was much more tiring than it should have been, and overall I felt generally lousy, but I made myself get up and go anyway. One 3-mile run later, I felt more clear-headed and alert than I'd been in a week. Also -- bonus! Despite the never-ending Crud and a training schedule that accordingly mutated to sporadic and light, somehow I've managed to shave a full minute off my mile times. How this possible? Oh well. Whoot.

Last night we had dinner plans to celebrate the girls' birthday*, but even though time was a'crunching, I went for a short run in between the girls and I getting home from school/work and before we went out for dinner. Nothing impressive, just a mile and a half, but still. It sure beats not going for a run. Go, me.

Today, I will go for a run this afternoon -- and if it's raining like the forecast says it's going to be, then I will go to the Y and run 44 laps around the track. Running in circles. Ick. I really hope it doesn't rain.

Related to nothing and on the very off chance that Karl reads this blog...Yesterday (Wednesday), at the intersection of Pilot Knob and Lone Oak, about 9:10 a.m.? You, on your bike. Me, in my grey Jetta. I waved happily. You stared blankly. I know, you probably didn't recognize me sans bike and hat. 'S'ok. Just wanted to say hi. Hi!



*The Rainforest Cafe, at their request. A good time was had by all, and especially by the birthday girls. Vol-ca-nooo!

No comments: