Friday, September 18, 2009

Blowing the dust off this poor, neglected blog

I've been feeling the urge to document what we're eating, so tonight I picked up the camera and did just that. This may or may not be the first in a series of posts.

Tonight's dinner was wonderfully simple. Romaine lettuce, tuna, apples (from our apple trees!), pine nuts, avocado, a few other things.



I like prep work. Messy, but relaxing.



I came across a cooking tip recently about how you can use a shot glass to measure not just alcohol, but food. Like, an ounce of tuna equals 1 shot glass of tuna. Given that I don't own a kitchen scale but do have a shot glass or two, I think this is brilliant.



Chopped, mixed, and ready to go:



I toasted some whole wheat pita bread as an accompaniment.



Pete and I thought this was quite good.

The girls liked the pita bread.

No comments: