Saturday, March 07, 2009

Baking, baking, and more baking

We went on a mini baking binge this week.

Wednesday, I made whole wheat apple-nut muffins:






in addition to our usual bread.


(That's a lentil soup in the crockpot for that night's dinner. Soup and fresh-baked bread. Yum.)

This morning, Morgan had a hankering to make something, so she went through my cookbooks and settled on a raisin-spice coffee cake with a powdered sugar icing. She made the whole thing all by herself. As I said in an earlier post, this kid is becoming quite the little baker. It's also a lovely treat to have someone else make breakfast, so I'm doing all that I can do encourage her. =D

She cut into it and served it up so quickly that I didn't have a chance to get a "before" shot, just a remnants shot.



Nom nom nom.



Thanks, Mo! It was delicious!

1 comment:

Lois said...

Way to go, Morgan! Are you rentable??