Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't I feel virtuous

Got up at 6 this morning and went for a run. Wow. I haven't done that for a long time (getting up early to go for a run, that is, not getting up early or running). It felt good -- which is in itself a good thing, since there are going to be an awful lot of early morning runs in my future between now and October 5th. Now it's pouring rain and I am feeling quite smug. And dry.

Again, I took it really easy (see: back and stitches (the stitches are itching like hell, by the way, and I can't wait to get them out tomorrow)), just a nice, gentle pace. Now I will sheepishly fess up to just how slowly I'm currently moving: average time was 13:07/mile. However, that pace would have me finishing a 26.2 mile run in 5 hours and 42 minutes, so perhaps I shouldn't feel too sheepish! After all, I don't want to be an elite runner. I just want to be able to finish before they close the course.

I have today off from work, I've got my daily work-out done, and the kids are at school...time to switch gears and work on the novel.

No comments: