Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Funding the orthodontist's lake home, oh yeah

(Still painting. I want to think this round is going better than the last, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow when the 3rd and I hope final coat goes up on the wall I'm currently working on.)

Today was our 14th anniversary. We could have gone to Rome...the Caribbean...taken a cruise....But no. Instead, to celebrate, we threw a bunch of cash into the girls' mouths.

Em gets an expander bar for four months, then braces. Looks like a bunch of purple gum wadded up around her teeth, eh?


If you click the image and look closely at the large version, you can sort of see the actual bar.

She's drooling lots (the orthodontist calls it being "slurpy," and yeah, that about sums it up) and sounding an awful lot like Sid from Ice Age right now. I'm told that will improve in a few days.



Mo has it relatively easy: just braces. And pink and green, how cool is that?!


Unlike her sister, Mo's teeth are relatively straight. But that overbite, yonks. Actually, we learned that that's not even an overbite. It's an "overjet." Eek.



(I took their pictures with the currently-being-painted wall as the background and about two hours difference in time and lighting. I'm still resolved never to use this stuff again, but I have to say that I'm totally digging how the color shifts as the day goes along.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mo's braces are so cute! I love the pink and green. Tell her Julianne thinks that blue and orange would look cool too.

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Mo says thanks! And that she'll think about blue and orange for her next set. That might be when you're here! =D