Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Breakfast

-11°F currently (yeah, I know, it's balmy compared to Bemidji!). What do you feed the kids when it's that cold and they're going to be standing at the bus stop? A nice hot breakfast, that's what.

Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes


Man, these are filling. I've been experimenting with spelt flour (tricky to work with, but I'm getting the hang of it), so there's some of that in these, as well as oat, bulger wheat, and whole wheat flours. They're yummy, but dense. Em can usually eat her weight and then some in pancakes, but even she can only eat three of these.

The blueberries are from last summer when they were at their peak and dirt cheap. I bought pounds and pounds and froze the lot.

I also took pictures. (What a surprise!)



It's great to have a summer blueberry in February. :-)

I deliberately made a double batch of this morning's pancakes, even though there was no way the girls and I could eat 'em all. They're great frozen and then toasted in the toaster oven for a quick breakfast. (Not that we ever oversleep or have one of those rush-rush-rush mornings, no no, not us!)

No comments: