Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hey, good-looking, wha'chya got cooking?

I've got the day off today and had a hankering for beef stew. Guess what we're having for dinner tonight?

Potatoes and onions and carrots, oh my.
And some celery too.



Mince some carrot, onion, celery, and garlic (that last one's my personal addition to this recipe; love garlic, love it!) and sauté in olive oil.



Vegetarians and vegans, avert your eyes:
Here there be meat.



This is not a product endorsement, it's an organic endorsement. Because really, if you can afford to, why not?



Add thyme, sea salt, pepper, and one bay leaf.



Why yes, we do compost.



I've also got artisan bread baking (I bought Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day as a Christmas present to myself, and I can't say enough good things about it). The house smells wonderful.

I'll put up the post-cooking and baking/ready for eating pictures in another entry.

And hello to John!

3 comments:

Jeff Hertzberg said...

Sorry, I accidentally also posted this under girl scout cookies!

Hi NJ:
Thanks for trying our book; I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day." The pictures on your site are beautiful and I can't wait to see how you shoot the bread. If you have any questions about about our stored-dough recipes, please comment at our website: www.artisanbreadinfive.com

Jeff Hertzberg

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Wow! Thanks so much for visiting my blog (I'd love to know how you found it). What a nice surprise! Your book is fantastic. I've been loving the recipes and recommending it to everyone I know, so it was a real thrill to see your comment.

I'll have some more pictures up soon. :-)

Jeff Hertzberg said...

Hey NJ:
I find you (and anyone else blogging about AB5) by setting a google alert... basically google is googling my book title every day and finding new entries. Authors become obsessed with their book and I'm no exception. Sometimes I manually google and find that the automated search is missing some blogs and websites.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Jeff www.artisanbreadinfive.com