Sunday, January 20, 2008

Breakfast, and other things

This is one of my favorite breakfasts: an egg over hard, a slice of toast, and cheese. Yum.

One organic brown egg, courtesy of a cage-free hen.


Homemade bread, hormone-free cheese, and the aforementioned egg.
Much better than a McMuffin.


# # #

John in Tennessee would like to know where I live and what books I'm currently reading. Well, I live in a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota, and it's currently wicked cold: -14°F the last time I checked. The cold is partially why I'm doing all these food pictures (it's a lot easier on the fingers and toes to stay inside and take pictures of food than go tromping around outside); the other reason is that at the moment everything's covered in snow and frozen and there's just not much outside that's interesting.

Currently, I'm reading Ahab's Wife by Sena Naslund and a biography of Elizabeth I, and rereading G.R.R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire.

C.R. in California wonders if I'm illustrating a cookbook, what with all these food shots I'm posting. Great idea! And if I ever had the opportunity to do something like that, I'd be thrilled. But no, as I said above, it's just weather related. =)

No comments: