Sunday, January 08, 2006

Butterfly week

I've been using this space to rather haphazardly toss photos out there, no rhyme or reason to it, just shots I especially like...I think I'm going to try a theme week, just for fun. :)

So. Let's start with some Eastern Tiger swallowtails.

Several of them visited the weed patch (a little bit of lawn I'm letting go au naturel) at our house last August. Unlike other butterflies of my acquaintance, swallowtails make great photo subjects, as they don't seem to mind being continuously oogled by the paparazzi while eating. ;-)

The picture below is of a female (black) and a male (yellow). Dinner date?

Papilio glaucus
Two
August 2005, Canon PowerShot S230

3 comments:

manji said...

hey,

nice pics, wanna exchange links on blogs? mine is manojzac.blogspot.com . let me know if ur interesting in showing my link on ur site. i will do the same for urs on mine.

manoj

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Hi Manji, thanks for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate the linking offer, but at this point I'm not linking to any blogs but family. I'll let you know if that changes. :) -Nancy

Unknown said...

Oh my . . . what an awesome capture!!! I just bought a book on butterflies because I just can't get enough of them! Great work, Nancy!