Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday morning reading

I do loves me some Sunday NY Times. 

Would McCain, Palin, or Biden resign if (heaven forbid) one of their children was captured? 

Farewell, Paul. We're going to miss you.

Edible schoolyards: Taking kids beyond chicken nuggets.

If the government always comes to your rescue when the chips are down, why limit your risks?

Running 26.2 miles in under 2 hours, 4 minutes? Oh yeah.

When spell-check can't help: A quiz and answers.


And on a local note, yet another Twin Cities cyclist has died after after being hit by an SUV. Damn. How many biking fatalities does this make for the year? TOO MANY. Guys and girls, I know you don't need this warning, but I'm going to say it anyway: please be careful out there.   

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

please be careful out there.

I assume you're directing this at motorists? Because from what I can tell of the accident, the only way the cyclists could have been more careful is if she rode her bike to the curb, jumped off and ran to the sidewalk every time a car came within 100 feet of her.

Yon Saucy Wench said...

I'm saying that with all the accidents the last few months, please be careful. And watch out for big cables coming at you, too.