Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Valley Fair hangover

It's 3 p.m., and the girls and I are still in our pajamas. Cue dismay -- oh wait, it's summer vacation and we have nowhere to be today. Never mind.

My cousin, her husband, and their kids, aka the Texas Crew (now Pennsylvania Crew; they moved) have been staying with us since last Tuesday. Her brother and his family (hereafter referred to as the Oregon Crew) are also in town. As you may have guessed from the title, you clever reader, you, we spent yesterday at Valley Fair with my cousins and their families. What fun! We rode rides, ate junk, got repeatedly soaked between The Wave and The Flume, and had an altogether grand time.

When the girls and I visited the Texas-now-Pennsylvania Crew last year, we all went to Sea World in San Antonio and stayed until they kicked us out and locked the gates behind us. We were *this* close to doing the same at Valley Fair, but then my girls went on Chaos with Julianne of PA, and then Morgan and Julianne went on the Enterprise. My two both barfed within a half hour of exiting the rides. (I'm happy to report that Julianne suffered no ill effects.) We left shortly after that, about an hour before it closed. So close...

I would post pictures, but Pete seems to have taken the little camera with him to work. Pooh.

No comments: