Friday, June 06, 2008

What's really important

This morning I got pretty irritated with Katherine Kersten's latest idiot column (why so many people think it's outright freaky and even threatening to reduce consumption and/or try to live a sustainable -- oh, the horror! -- lifestyle is beyond me). Instantly, a rebuttal formed in my head. Before I knew it, I was typing away into the comment field. I was *this* close to hitting "post" and leaping into the fray...but at the last moment, sanity prevailed. I did the online equivalent of backing away slowly, and deleted the comment and hit the back button.

Then I grabbed the camera and took some shots of a few things around the house that make me smile.


Orchids.



Violets.



A moment in time.



Oxalis in bloom.



Morgan's geranium.



Bailey dozing in a sun puddle.



The old piano.



Books.



A gift from a friend (well used, as you can see)
and a 1950s percolater that makes the best. coffee. ever.



I don't think I need to explain this one.


Ahh. I feel much better now.

# # #

The last few weeks, I've been cheating on my SLR and using the point and shoot. I couldn't help myself. It was there. It was convenient. OK, the quality wasn't as good, but how nice to just, well, point and shoot. Then I did an impromptu session yesterday with the Robin Hood and the poor, neglected SLR. Oh, wow. What a difference. Oh, darling. I'm so sorry. It won't happen again. I promise...

No comments: