Friday, November 24, 2006

Hello? Is this thing on?

Emma loves it when the camera comes out.

Look! I'm a monkey!

Look! I'm a Monkey!

Morgan does not love it when the camera comes out.

Mom, will you stop taking my picture already!
Mom, will you stop taking my picture already!
November 23, 2006

In other news...yeah, I know, another big long stretch with no updates. What's been happening? Well, I finished the novel's (third) rewrite on November 1st and am now editing, editing, editing as fast and as furiously as I can, for I want this thing out of my life in 2007 and off making the reject rounds--so I can start all over again with the shitty first draft of another novel that I wrote in 2004 and then shelved to go back to this thing. Man! What a crazy, masochistic thing this writing gig is.

And, um. That's about it. I have no life. I work, I come home, I run the girls hither, thither, and yon, and I write in every spare minute I can find. Wheee! Glamorous stuff, let me tell you.

Oh, and Pete got Lasik, and I was laid low by the plague (not really the plague; it's just our pet name for the germ-crud-sickness the children periodically bring home from school) for a few weeks there, and today we're heading up to Bemidji to visit Pete's extended family.

That is all.

3 comments:

Nick said...

Lasik sure sounds nice to me about now!

Wonderful pictures. I will have to remember to visit your site more frequently. Good luck getting your writing done!

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Hi Nick! Thanks for stopping by! How was your Thanksgiving?

Nick said...

Ours was pretty good. We just hung out in Duluth for it. On Saturday we went to Utah to see Scott's mom. We just got back today--it's good to be home.