Monday, October 23, 2006

Oops, I did it again

Bleepity bleep, but how has almost another month gone by since my last post?!

Here's the scoop: I've been busy. (You may have guessed this.) Work's doing its level best to be insane (for those of you not in the know, I'm a senior editor for a legal publisher, and since this is an election year, we're buried in, well, legal stuff); and in what passes for my spare time, I'm deep into the third (or is it the fourth?) and dear-god-but-I-hope-this-is-the-final draft of a novel I've been working on for the last five years. Work + novel + the kidlets + all the other usual blah blah blah = reduced time for photos. Alas.

That said, a few weeks ago I did manage to get out and enjoy a beautiful fall day. Fall's already over here--it's cold, most of the leaves are already fallen, I hear that they've had somewhat serious snow up north, it's cold, this morning when I left for work there was a light dusting of snow on the van, and did I mention that it's cold? And it was a rather subdued fall--there'd been a drought earlier this summer, and that stressed out the trees, and so the colors weren't quite their usual glorious selves.

But it was nice while it lasted.

Beautiful day for a bike ride
Beautiful day for a bike ride

(Pete is not one of the above bikers, btw...He and Joel were home-brewing that afternoon.)

Vine and Tree
Vine and tree

Flames
Flames
October 1, 2006


I'd promise (again) to try to be better about posting a little more regularly...but...Well. That'd be silly, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

Frostbike said...

Winter's not for months. Look at the calendar!